RICHLAND - Walla Walla's Cooper Cortinas and Cannon Angotti placed first and second in the 4A Mid-Columbia Conference Championships on Thursday, October 24, leading the Blue Devils to the team title for a second consecutive year scoring 37 points.
Cortinas came in first overall by a narrow amount over his teammate, Agnotti, running a time of 16:07.64. Agnotti finished as the runner-up in a time of 16:08.93. Brody Hartley was another Blue Devil to finish in the top 10 placing ninth in a time of 16:57.73.
Chiawana's Austin Bachman placed third overall running 16:20.19 to help lead the Riverhawks to a second place team finish scoring 54 points.
Tyler Jenkins and Diego Avila finished sixth and 10th running times of 16:52.13 and 17:05.12 for Chiawana.
Hanford's Kenneth Taylor and Austin Blacketer ran 16:51.61 and 16:55.57 to place fifth and eighth for the third place Hawks.
Richland's Jacoby Sherman finished in fourth running 16:24.71 and Pasco's Elias Torres was seventh in a time of 16:55.22.
In the 3A race, Isaac Teeples and the top ranked 4A Kamiakin Braves scored 15 points defeating Southridge to win the team title.
Teeples ran 15:53.94 for the win, followed by Stanford Smith (15:55.1), Grayson Wilcott (16:06.2), Jax Weide (16:14.74), and Andrew Holladay (16:16.75).
On the girl's side, Richland's Natalie Ruzauskas won the 4A race in a time of 18:51.64, while also leading the No. 10 ranked 4A team to the conference title scoring 31 points.
The Bombers had three other girls in the top 10 including Emma Summers (3rd, 19:48.22), Adrijana Fundak (5th, 19:52.73), and Tylar Wolff (10th, 20:36.35).
Walla Walla's Ella Nelson placed second running 19:21.54, followed by teammate, Sariah Hepworth, in fourth place with a time of 19:49.1.
Second place Hanford scored 55 points led by Elizabeth McCluskey (6th, 19:57.24), Kendra Keller (7th, 20:11.69), and Josie Wright (9th, 20:35.25).
Kennewick's Gerladin Correa won the 3A race in a time of 18:46.78, while also leading the Lions to a first place team finish scoring 36 points. Other top Lions were Macy Marquardt (3rd, 19:44.16), Paige Raebel (9th, 20:40.58), and Lauren Thompson (10th, 20:50.74).
Hermiston's Cydney Sanchez finished as the runner-up in a time of 19:42.24.
Deverie Gutierrez of Kamiakin placed fifth running a time of 20:15.70 and the Braves were second with 44 points. Hannah Paulsen and Marisa Memmott were sixth and seventh running 20:19.51 and 20:27.51.
Both the 3A and 4A schools will travel to Spokane next Saturday for the District 8 Championships and a trip to the state meet on the line.
For more results from this meet, visit: https://www.athletic.net/CrossCountry/meet/159416/results
In Other Races:
3A/2A KingCo Championships
- Sammamish's Hale Behan won on the boy's side running 16:33.18, while Bellevue's Katherine Forsberg won on the girl's side with a time of 18:46.24. Interlake took the team title on both sides.
For more results from this meet, visit: https://www.athletic.net/CrossCountry/Results/Meet.aspx?Meet=161368&show=all
GSHL 2A League Championships
- Hockinson's Allyson Peterson wins her fifth race of the season running 18:50.5 to capture the Greater St. Helens 2A League title. Aidan Rowley of Columbia River won the boy's race in 15:48.3.
For more results from this meet, visit: https://www.athletic.net/CrossCountry/meet/166617/results
Metro League Championships
- 3A No. 2 ranked Bishop Blanchet boys collect 35 points to win the Metro League title led by the first place finish from Kai Gundlach running 15:50.79. Eastside Catholic's Kate Simmons won by 40 seconds in the girl's race in a time of 18:25.67.
For more results from this meet, visit: https://www.athletic.net/CrossCountry/meet/160308/results
Olympic League Championships
- Port Townsend's Nathan Cantrell pulls out a "close call" victory over North Mason's Noah Hasselblad running a time of 16:20.33. 1A No. 5 ranked Klahowya girls scored 40 points to win the league title.
For more results from this meet, visit: https://www.athletic.net/CrossCountry/meet/160698/results
South Sound Conference Championships
- The Yelm Tornadoes boys team dominated over South Sound opponents scoring 33 points to win the league title led by Bryce Cerkowniak's first place finish of 15:30.6. Central Kitsap won on the girl's side with 31 points. Maya Nichols placed first overall running 18:57.8.
For more results from this meet, visit: https://www.athletic.net/CrossCountry/meet/160090/results